Sunday, September 2, 2012

welcome to the daily planet.


I have a thing for superheros. So naturally, I picked a superhero comic character as my pen name. Don't ask me whether I like DC or Marvel better because I can't answer that. I like them both. Lois Lane seemed to be the most reasonable pen name, considering the fact that she is a journalist, a writer.

I like the superhero idea of a secret identity. It seems to fit the mold of what this blog will be. A separate identity to accomplish something your other identity simply cannot do. You're still yourself but there is something about a secret identity that gives you that power to do something you never imagined you could do.

Lois Lane, my secret identity, is a writer. I write for myself, but through Ms. Lane I can share my ideas and imaginations. I can share without the fear of what my peers have to say. Hopefully my potential as a writer will improve as I take on this secret identity.  I'll fly with Superman, fly all over the world. Visit Paris, even.

No. Not just visit Paris- that's a tourist's job. I will drink in Paris and take on every adventure she has to offer.

So here's to the masks and flowing capes- let the adventures begin.

2 comments:

Nelson said...

Great ending. The last 6 lines were gold, Jerry, gold.

Visit Paris, even.

Random LP Student said...

I really like what you said about showing your work through Lois Lane without having to worry about what your peers think. Pen names are a great way to express creativity without worry. Awesome ideas.