Monday, December 3, 2012

liquor and the future.


Dear Boy that I used to love,

I've burnt out all feeling in my fingertips, but even worse you've burnt out all feeling in my heart. You held the the match and lit the fuse that ran through my veins and directly to my heart.

I never imagined I would love another, but I am standing in my heart's ashes and I realize you've really done it this time.

I have a hole in my chest, right where my heart used to be. I'll grow a new one but that takes time. Lots of time.

And somehow that new heart knows what you have done and can't look at you the same anymore.

And I know at church they tell you that we must forgive everyone, but I've never been really good at that.

But I can be good at not telling you how I really feel. And that's what I'm going to do. You'll never know.

And my heart will fight against my Self, but that brick wall I built after you burnt my heart is stronger than my new heart.

My heart no longer beats for you.

Whatever.
Lois Lane

7 comments:

Cosmo Kramer said...

Wow this is quite the post. It is easily my favorite of all your posts.

I think i'm in love with this. Yes, that's it.

Lois Lane said...

Thank you. I'm glad you like this.

And thanks for leaving a comment. All the tourists gave up commenting. It's nice to know that someone is still reading this.

Lois Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sky Trillion said...

Oh MAAAAAN. I really really love this.

ky said...

BEAUTIFUL. Perfectly said. Amazingly written.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok, just thought I would say that the first two line to this post are my favorite. The imagery of the match lighting the fuse that ran through your veins and directly to your heart is beautiful. It reminds me of rail road workers that would light sticks of dynamite by mountains to create a passage ways for trains. What makes this even better is that there is even a picture of a train with this post. Incredible!!