Sunday, November 25, 2012

cake.


We would sit at a table, a table for the four of us, and eat cake. We would laugh so hard we had to bring a backup pair of pants. We laughed so hard we made the old peoples go crazy. We didn't mind, we were eating cake.

I remember the green carpet and the linoleum floors. I remember in every room there was always large stacks of books. So this is what heaven is like, I thought.

We would have swimming parties and sleepovers where we would watch predictable love story movies. We were best friends- nothing could ever come between us.

And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

But then time became our enemy and we began to grow up. We slowly drifted apart and became different people.

I just wish we could go back to eating cake.

2 comments:

Dick Tidrow said...

"We didn't mind, we were eating cake."

stole this line.

Anonymous said...

"i swear we were infinite"..love this line